Our client is experiencing unprecedented growth and success. A highly established technology company (>5,000 employees and >£500 million in revenues) undergoing an exciting transformation and embracing the latest cutting edge tech such as Machine Learning and Big Data to further cement their position as the defacto leading provider to the Global Automotive industry.
They are currently looking for passionate Junior Java Developers to join their extremely talented development team to work on state of the art technology. The successful candidate will be working across various global projects simultaneously serving leading automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clients. The role will involve developing new software solutions as well as maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
- Use existing / new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Working within an Agile (Scrumban) development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
- Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
- Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
- Sharing knowledge with development group on regular basis.
- Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or Masters in Computer Science, e-commerce or a related subject.
- A minimum of 1 years work experience and the motivation to learn and progress.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Interest in design methodologies, software patterns.
- Good team player, creative and proactive.
- Capable of working under occasional pressure, comfortable about working to tight timing deadlines.
- Willing to adjust to occasional flexible working arrangements within an agreed framework in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time.
- Ability to code review other developer’s code.
Technologies would be advantageous:
- JEE technologies – EJB / Servlet / Spring MVC / JSP / FreeMarker etc
- Server technologies – JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Apache, Linux
- RDBMS – Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MYSQL
- Integration technologies – JMS / Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- Relational Mapping Tools – Hibernate / JPA / Toplink
- Build Tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle)
- Big Data technologies – NoSQL Databases (Mongo / CouchDB / Neo4j), Hadoop (HDFS / Spark / PIG / HIVE / Sqoop)
- Analytics – Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx
- Database programming – PLSQL / TSQL, Packages / Functions / Procedures
You will get:
- Competative salary.
- Skills development through exposure to wide-ranging technology and projects.
- Friendly and motivated team orientated environment.
- Flexible working hours, by arrangement.
- Relaxed dress code.
So if you’re an exceptional Junior Java Developer who’s excited by working on hard problems for a cutting edge product, then please contact Anna Fletcher either by email at Anna@thepeoplefoundry.com or calling us on 01628 400605.