This is a great opportunity for an outstanding Lead Java Developer to be involved in an exciting period of rapid digital transformation. The successful candidate will head up a team of developers and will be responsible for the development of enterprise scale platforms used by the wider organisation and beyond. You will work across various global projects simultaneously, serving leading automotive OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) clients as well as working closely with the Global Development Director to architect software solutions.
- Developing new software solutions.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing software solutions.
- Monitoring and researching new technologies appropriate to the business.
- Use existing/new skills and capabilities to contribute to the successful development of software solutions to meet exacting requirements.
- Working within an Agile (Scrumban) development team at all stages of the development cycle.
- Working on own initiative to achieve agreed specification and timing.
- Maintaining adequate documentation to meet the needs of the business.
- Meeting internal and external clients to analyse their needs.
- Sharing knowledge with development group on regular basis.
- Due to the nature of the position and environment it is essential you have a good degree or Masters in Computer Science, e-commerce or a related subject.
- At least 10 years of experience in software development, with a preference for experience in a supervisory capacity.
- The ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex technical information to colleagues.
- Interest in design methodologies, software patterns.
- Must be able to work well in a team, under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage a team of developers and testers.
- Ability to work with the project managers to ensure that sprints are delivered on time.
- Ability to code review other developers code and to support junior members in adhering to coding and architectural standards.
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- JEE technologies – EJB/Servlet/Spring MVC/JSP/FreeMarker etc
- Server technologies – JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, Glassfish, Geronimo, Apache, Linux
- RDBMS – Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MYSQL
- Integration technologies – JMS/Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Relational Mapping Tools – Hibernate/JPA/Toplink
- Build Tools (Maven, Ant, Gradle)
- Big Data technologies – NoSQL Databases (Mongo/CouchDB/Neo4j), Hadoop (HDFS/Spark/PIG/HIVE/Sqoop)
- Analytics – Mahout, WEKA, Tableau, Clikview, Alteryx
- Database programming – PLSQL/TSQL, Packages/Functions/Procedures.
You will get:
- Great environment
- Flexible working hours
- Informal dress code
- 25 days holiday, pension life assurance, and other excellent benefits
For further details on this fantastic opportunity please contact Anna Fletcher either by email at Anna@thepeoplefoundry.com or calling us on 01628 400605.