Are you a hardcore engineer excited by the idea of working with an extremely high caliber tech team pushing the limits of Java?
Do you like the idea of working for a brand new London team?
Does the sound of getting into a really low level role appeal to you?
If the above ticks all of your boxes then read on, you will not be disappointed.
A global enterprise software company in the B2B sector my client comes with a compelling story! The entirely cloud based information system was invented in the founder’s barn and over the last 10+ years has grown to a global company with headquarters in Silicon Valley. Incredibly they recently achieved their unicorn status (valued at over $1 billion) and have been recognised as a leader by Gartner. They have been disrupting their chosen space ever since they went to market, and that’s despite competing against the likes of IBM, SAP and Oracle. Working with some of the world’s biggest brands my client’s new suite of connected planning software applications is transforming the way organisations are working. Still pre IPO and looking to advance their existing development function they opened their London office end of last year and they are now looking to build this team up with the top 2% of tech talent.
Our client has opened a brand new office in the heart of London. Still very small the development team consists of some very high caliber, hardcore engineers at the peak of their field. My client prides themselves in recruiting the ‘top 2%’ so you could be working with the best engineers on the planet. If you think you’ve got what it takes and like the idea of joining this high performing team with a real ‘start up’ feel then please read on.
This is not your traditional data processing server developer role, this really is low level, pushing the limits of java as far as they can go. Hardcore engineers will love it, you will live and work in the guts of the java memory management and focus will be on manipulating the java memory model engine. You will be tackling tough problems on a daily basis, so if you’re up for an engineering challenge than this really is the role for you. Don’t be put off if you don’t tick every technical skills set box below, my client also looks at the personal qualities and enthusiasm of an individual. So ask yourself this, are you passionate about engineering with an awesome educational background and a career history you’re proud of and want to join a technically challenging and growing environment filled with bright enthusiastic developers, if yes then please apply with your CV today.
What you bring:
- A true passion for engineering
- Excellent Java knowledge
- A proven track record of delivering great software
- A real understanding & appreciation of testing – you write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of code you produce. If you’re an advocate of TDD, even better.
- Deep experience of back-end development using Java 7/8 and knowledge of the major development tool sets – you can be quickly productive in Eclipse, you manage large codebases in GitHub and are familiar with branch/merge techniques.
- You can discuss design patterns, memory management and performance optimisation – you can write code from the ground up without needing frameworks.
- A strong background in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- Positive energy and enthusiasm – cultural fit is a really big deal… we’re looking for super-smart people who are excited about solving big problems, love learning and are self-motivated to get things done. Excellent communication skills are a must!
- A highly organised and professional attitude to work – you’re an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic and you know how to build trust.
- Background in performance engineering and mechanical sympathy
- Experienced with server-side Java Development
- Extra points if you’ve delivered online/web/SaaS applications or have particular strength in multi-user & multi-threaded scenarios or better still, have experience of handling large multi-dimensional data structures in-memory.
- It would be a plus if you have very strong mathematical and analytical skills!
- The ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team – you enjoy working closely with others, teaching and learning and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Global travel opportunity
- A rewarding, progressive and tailored career path with a company that values diversity, innovation and invests in you.
- The opportunity to help build a brand new office for one of the coolest companies in global tech
If you require more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact Sarah Owen either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01628 400605.