Our client is an international company supporting the automotive industry in dealing with the ever increasing reliance upon software and IT within car manufacturing. With their wealth of experience they provide innovative cloud based solutions and technical support to the world’s top automotive companies ensuring top performance!
Covering the entire globe you will become part of this unique and growing company, joining the many experts in their constant pursuit of resolving their customer’s complex challenges.
The Senior Network Engineer will provide management control, implementation and maintenance of all company network infrastructure and equipment that support the SBUs (Strategic Business Units) operating in Colchester (locally) and with influence over global network configuration. 2nd and 3rd Line support of the global datacenter in the UK that covers customers both internal and external.
The successful candidate will provide complete customer support for operation and maintenance of all network hardware within locale and to participate in architectural decisions over global networks in other locale.
You will be expected to be self motivated with an ability to work on your own initiative and lead by example to other team members by getting involved (hands on) and conducting new advances in technology. Also demonstrating a clear ITIL framework understanding to deliver great service to both internal and external customers.
- LAN & WAN Network Infrastructure
- Maintaining operating systems loaded on appliances and ensuring compliance with latest releases and patches.
- Daily analysis of log files, intrusion reports, network statistics and conducting change control requests.
- Analyze client needs in regard to hardware, software and communications. Making specific recommendations to management within budgetary and management guidelines.
- Communicate hardware/software requirements to management for discussion and analysis. Co-ordinates installation of hardware and software with clients, vendors, and other supporting staff to coincide with receipt of equipment.
- Configuring and maintaining firewalls, switches and routers.
- Install and maintain operating systems for network appliances including migrating to new OS releases and loading patches.
- Keeping LAN / WAN / Firewall systems current in terms of equipment and software upgrades.
- Support international unified communication (VoIP telephony) and mobile communications
- Running regular security and violation reports.
- Provide backup for security functions as required, network applications (DNS, DHCP, FTP) as required and for second level client support to the helpdesk.
- Back up, security administration and all other administrative functions for networking kit within specific assignment.
- Proven experience in IT support, network administration and system design on medium-large LAN/WAN systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve LAN/WAN related problems/issues.
- Extensive Cisco IOS routing and switching experience including Meraki, ASA and Nexus devices.
- Experience of supporting Check Point or other enterprise firewalls.
- Experience of network management and monitoring systems, i.e. Cacti, SmokePing, MRTG
- Experience of Voice over IP systems, i.e. Interactive Intelligence, Polycom, AudioCodes
- Direct hands-on experience with servers and related equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communicator
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive personality
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a commercial environment where Cisco networking was there primary role.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) required or similar certifications with relevant experience such as Network+ or Check Point.
For further details of this fantastic opportunity please apply with your CV
If you’re excited by the prospect of working for an established independent business or you require more information on this fantastic opportunity please contact David Copus either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 01628 400605.