We are looking for exceptional Java Developers who also have some full stack experience. Our client are looking to build a team that can learn and share knowledge in order to become a full stack package! Always recognizing specialisms, they are looking for developers who are open minded and are looking to apply their expertise across the full stack as necessary. This is a fantastic opportunity to expand your skill set whilst sharing your extensive knowledge with others.
You’ll be joining one of our top clients, UK founded and now headquartered in Silicon Valley. They have been hugely successful, having recently passed the $1.5 Billion valuation mark, and with over 1500 employees. However, the journey has only just begun! They’re a big player in cloud enterprise software – a massive disrupter in the same mould as SalesForce and WorkDay – but still in that exciting entrepreneurial growth phase with lots of interesting tech challenges to test your mettle.
They provide rewarding and progressive career paths whilst understanding the need for a good work/life balance. They host, and also encourage, regular attendance to meetups, events and hackathons. They offer flexible working, have many wellbeing initiatives and encourage charity work or causes by offering additional holiday for such activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate in a well-balanced, cross functional team to deliver exceptional software.
- Actively practice continuous integration and deployment and proactively contribute improvements to the way these are done
- Write tests at every level of the testing pyramid to ensure the quality of your work is good to go to production every time we build
- Be capable of working within an agile development process and are self-driven enough to thrive in an environment that promotes high levels of autonomy.
- Be driven by the customer, everything you do is to solve a problem for their users or to enable them to solve problems for users more effectively/sustainably.
- Apply your expertise across the full stack as necessary. They recognise specialisms but appreciate open minded people who will step out of their comfort zone to complete their work and expand their skill set.
- Liaise with the product owner to set expectations and define acceptance criteria
- Work on an exciting product vision which will change the way in which the world’s largest enterprises do their planning
- Good attention to detail. You will create applications which solve significant problems for their users, this drives you more so than anything
More about you:
You have a genuine passion for coding, you’re pragmatic, agile, innovative, and have a respect for the development process and a firm desire get stuff done by keeping things simple. You thrive in an environment that deeply values collaboration, feedback, and learning.
Skills we need:
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to craft well architected and easy to reason about applications regardless of the “tier”
- Expertise writing scalable backend micro-services.
- Java or Kotlin mostly using Spring Boot
- Docker, Kubernetes, chef or puppet.
- Familiarity with full stack architectural patterns such as micro-frontends, backend for front end etc.
- Writing well thought out tests at the appropriate level. You know when it is appropriate to use TDD/BDD. Quality is extremely important.
Languages and frameworks you’ll work with:
- Java, Spring frameworks, Kafka, JVM, Kotlin
- Container-orchestrations tools such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Typescript, React, Redux, Jest, Enzyme, Cypress
- CI/CD, DevOps
What’s on offer:
- A rewarding, progressive career with a company that values diversity and understands the need for a good work/life balance.
- Market-leading salaries combined with generous bonuses, and a comprehensive range of benefits.
- Regular Agile meetups, events and hackathons (both attending and hosting!)
- Flexible working, a fully stocked kitchen, and plenty of parties & events
- 3 days of paid leave every year to help support the charity or cause of your choice.
- The chance to contribute and evolve a company with a valuation over $1.4 billion
- Huge problems to solve – you will constantly be learning and pushing boundaries, working with some of the smartest people around!
For further information on this fantastic opportunity apply with your CV now!